[mls_h4]what is Sunshine Week all about?[/mls_h4]
Here at the Dream Chaser Foundation, we do things a little differently, so our focus for this week is going to be all about GIVING. Your on-going support has allowed us to make this week really special. We have worked hard to incorporate children, parents, Ronald Mc Donald House, Starships Oncology Ward, Nurses and medical staff into our celebrations with the goal as spreading as much sunshine and smiles as we can in 7 days.
[mls_h4]What so significant about this particular week?[/mls_h4]
On the 29th July 2011, our bubba received his stem cell transplant. This was a very significant day for our whanau, after the devastating news that there were no live bone marrow donors for our boy, a stem cell transplant was the next best thing. It gave us many healthy months with our boy, and for that reason, it will forever be a special day on our hearts. This is our way of celebrating transplants while drawing attention to the need for more bone marrow donors.
[mls_h4]Sunshine schedule of events[/mls_h4]
- Saturday – Pizza + Ice-cream Fiesta at Ronald Mc Donald House + Popcorn the Clown performs!
- Sunday – Giant Pressie Drop for the children up at Starship’s Oncology Ward + Warriors family pass giveaway
- Monday – Nurse Appreciation Day: special treats for all the dedicated oncology nurses at Starship
- Tuesday – Music Therapy session at RMH + Massive Book Drop on Ward 27B
- Wednesday – Special Tablet Giveaways for our Dream Chaser Families
- Thursday – Joy Jar delivery
- Friday – Chace’s favorite NZ author visits the ward for a special reading session + more book giveways