General Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an application for Dream Chaser Foundation assistance (Dream Chaser Family Application Form) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Dream Chaser Foundation – A Chace Topperwien Charity (the Dream Chaser Foundation) may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. The Dream Chaser Foundation reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change any of the Assistance Packages outlined below for any reason.
4. Each Dream Chaser Family Application Form must be completed in respect of a child who is aged 17 years or under and who is, or has in the last 12 calendar months been, receiving treatment for cancer in New Zealand.
5. If you have recently received an Assistance Package from the Dream Chaser Foundation you will not be eligible to receive a further Assistance Package for such period of time to be determined by the Dream Chaser Foundation in its sole discretion (Stand Down Period). The purpose of this Stand Down Period is to give other deserving families the opportunity to receive assistance from the Dream Chaser Foundation. The Dream Chaser Foundation may waive the requirement for a Stand Down Period in its sole discretion.
6. Assistance Packages are not transferable and are intended to assist the immediate family of the child identified in the Dream Chaser Family Application Form. You may not designate someone else as the recipient of the Assistance Package. If you are unable or unwilling to accept the Assistance Package, the Dream Chaser Foundation may grant the Assistance Package to an alternate recipient. The Dream Chaser Foundation’s decision in relation to the recipients of any Assistance Package is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Dream Chaser Foundation may disqualify from participating any person who tampers with the application process, or submits an application not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. The Dream Chaser Foundation is not responsible for applications not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent applications are not valid.
9. If you accept any Assistance Package, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting that Assistance Package.
10. To the extent permitted by law, the Dream Chaser Foundation will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your submission of any Dream Chaser Family Application Form.
11. If you are selected to receive any Assistance Package the Dream Chaser Foundation may require you to participate in publicity generated by the Dream Chaser Foundation. By submitting a Dream Chaser Family Application Form you agree to participate in such publicity as may be requested by the Dream Chaser Foundation.
13. By submitting a Dream Chaser Family Application Form you recognise that the Dream Chaser Foundation may require supporting information in relation to your application. This supporting information may include material such as letters from your child’s GP, Oncologist or other Medical Consultant. You are under no obligation to provide this supporting material to the Dream Chaser Foundation however choosing to do so will help the Dream Chaser Foundation prioritise all Dream Chaser Family Application Forms and grants for any Assistance Package.
Petrol and Food Vouchers
14. Subject to any Stand Down Period outlined in clause 5, each applicant who submits a Dream Chaser Family Application Form will go into a draw to win a petrol or food assistance voucher (Voucher).
15. The Dream Chaser Foundation will grant up to 52 Vouchers each year. Each week the recipient of a Voucher will be drawn by the Dream Chaser Foundation and the recipient will be notified by the phone number/email address provided in the recipient’s Dream Chaser Family Application Form.
16. The type and value of the Voucher provided by the Dream Chaser Foundation is non-negotiable. The Dream Chaser Foundation may substitute the Voucher for another form of assistance of approximately the same value in its sole discretion.
17. The use of any Voucher is subject to compliance with the pre-determined conditions of the vendor identified on the Voucher (i.e. the relevant petrol station or supermarket).
18. Each calendar year the Dream Chaser Foundation may grant up to 52 Bereavement Grants of up to $500 each to families who have recently lost a child.
19. Each family is only entitled to one Bereavement Grant.
Special Project Grants
20. Special Project Grants are intended as one-off purchases which will help improve the lives of eligible families. Special Project Grants may (by way of example only) include groceries for a birthday or special family event or a contribution towards the purchase of a new family appliance.
21. Subject to any Stand Down Period outlined in clause 5, each applicant who submits a Dream Chaser Application Form for a Special Project Grant will go into a draw to win up to $1,000 towards a Special Project.
22. The Dream Chaser Foundation may offer one Special Project Grant per calendar month.
23. The Dream Chaser Foundation may grant applicants who have submitted a Dream Chaser Family Application Form any other form of assistance which the Dream Chaser Foundation considers in its sole discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances. These additional forms of assistance may include family retreat programmes, tertiary grants and other tailored assistance. This assistance will be subject to the general terms and conditions set out above and such further conditions as the Dream Chaser Foundation sees fit.